Vacation in the Middle East!
So back in November one of my besties, Simone, invited me for a few days away to Dubai. I have to admit that Dubai had never really been on my bucket list of places to visit, but as a couple of my close friends have moved there in the past few years when Simone offered me the opportunity to go I grabbed it with both hands! We had a fun filled vacation full of dinners with friends at some of Dubai’s coolest restaurants, with the most amazing views and shopping trips at Dubai’s mega malls and markets. We also managed to pack in some down time to top up our melanin relaxing on the beach. Check out the pics!
On the beach
- My first few days in the UAE were spent chilling on the beach looking out onto the Persian Gulf.
- Desert beach
- Simone and I also took this few days away from the cold to top up our melanin under the desert sun.
Scenes of the Ajman Saray
- Palms, palms, palms!
- Even at the Ajman Saray they share my appreciation for copper decor!
- They definitely know how to do luxury in the UAE, and these tiles
Dubai at Night
- Dubai Marina at night
- Out for dinner with good friends at The Maine Oyster Bar & Grill
- I love finding markets when I travel you can usually find unique one off pieces of jewellery & home decor pieces
- My name Aisha is so popular,in the UAE, I saw it on everything from keyrings to jewellery. So I couldn’t resist buying this bracelet to add to my collection.
- Simone and I also decided to treat ourselves and had these silver chains made of our names in Arabic.
An Afternoon at Comptoir 102
- One of the coolest spots I visited in Dubai! Even from the outside of Comptoir 102 I couldn’t wait to see what treasures this bohemian bazaar had in store!
- Catching up over tea with an old friend at the cafe
- Black and white decor inspiration!
- Well I couldn’t come to Dubai and not spend a little time on the famous Jumeirah Beach
- City beach
- One last glimpse of the city (& the Burj Khalifa) before flying home.